2017 Schedule of Events
Friday, december 8, 2017
- 5:00-7:00 pm - Skating Party in the 1932 Arena. Bring your skates, rentals are available. Special appearance by Santa!
Sponsored by McDonalds
- 7:30 pm - Stella Artois Music Series at participating locations throughout town*
Sponsored by Saratoga Eagle
saturday, december 9, 2017
- 8:30 am - Jingle Bell Run/Walk at the Village Beach
- Registration starting at 7:00 am or here - Benefit for Adirondack Health "Fit For Life"*
- We encourage you to bring an unwrapped toy to donate to deserving local families.
Sponsored by Lake Placid Marathon
- 8:30-10:30 am - Breakfast with Santa at the Hotel North Woods*
- 10:00-11:00 am - Ornament making inspired by Olympic Medals at the Olympic Museum
- 11:00-11:30 am - Holiday Story Time at the Mirror Lake Inn
- 12:00-1:00 pm - Santa arrives on a Fire Truck at Mid's Park - Complimentary hot chocolate & holiday music
- 12:30-2:00 pm - Children's Holiday Crafts at High Peaks Resort
Sponsored by the Lake Placid Center for the Arts
- 2:00-3:00 pm - Create Holiday Greeting Cards at the Lake Placid Public Library
- 2:30-4:00 pm - Soup, Chili & Chowder Tasting/Competition on Main Street
- 2:30-3:30 pm - Gift Wrapping & Wine Tasting at The Pines Inn
- 4:30 pm - High Peaks Resort Yule Log Hunt ~ a community tradition -
- Meet on the lawn of The Lake House. Light the log at Mid's Park immediately following the hunt.
- 5:00 pm - Mid's Park Holiday Celebration: Tree Lighting & Special Performance by Lake Placid School Chorus
Sponsored by Lake Placid Family Dental
- 5:30-7:30 pm - Cookie Decorating and hot chocolate for kids, hot Glogg wine and snacks for adults on the second floor lobby of Hotel North Woods
- 9:00 pm - Stella Artois Music Series at participating locations throughout town*
Sponsored by Saratoga Eagle
sunday, december 10, 2017
- 8:30-10:30 am - Breakfast with Santa at the Mirror Lake Inn Resort & Spa*
Limited availability. Advance reservations are required.
- 8:30-10:30 am - Breakfast with Santa at Dancing Bears restaurant.
- 8:30 am-4:00 pm - Special Holiday Stroll offers at Whiteface Mountain
- Dress as Santa for the day for a free lift ticket
- Bring a coat to donate and enjoy buy-one, get-one-free lift tickets for the day.
- 10:00 am-1:00 pm - Candy House making at Generations, with purchase of breakfast
- 11:00 am - Free matinee showing of "THE POLAR EXPRESS" at the Palace Theater with free popcorn and special gift for the first 150 kids. Doors open at 10:30 am.
Sponsored by The Palace Theatre and Lake Placid Christmas Company
- 5:00-7:00 pm - Free Community Dinner & Silent Auction at The Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort benefiting the Adirondack Community Church
Live bands will be playing at various restaurants throughout Lake Placid during Holiday Village Stroll as a part of the Stella Artois Music Series sponsored by Saratoga Eagle. A complete schedule of bands will be available soon.
Lake Placid has even more to do during Holiday Stroll and throughout the year. Visit LakePlacid.com to learn about all the activities taking place in the region.
*Charges may apply; schedule subject to change